Why Pathein Industrial City
“WE DON’T DO DIFFERENT THINGS, BUT WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY”
INSPIRED BY SHIC KHERA
7 Reasons Why you should choose PIC
Full Support from Ayeyarwaddy Regional Government
- Myanmar Industrial Development Committee (MIDC) was formed by the State Peace and Development Council (SPDC) in 1995.
- Many industrial zones were established across the country with little systematic plans or feasibility study of how these zones could be integrated into economic development plans or how they could promote industrial development.
- Apart from Special Economic Zones, there is limited number of Industrial Zones in Myanmar that is being managed to International Standard.
- Due to systematic plans and feasibility studies conducted for Pathein Industrial City, Ayeyarwaddy regional government gives its full support to the project as PIC will be one of the few international Industrial Zones in Myanmar.
- Military Government assumed state responsibility
- Industrialization market has been partially opened to outside world
- Semi Civilian Government took office in 2011
- Industrialization market has only shown significant changes
- Previous Government 5-year term, had established 7 new industrial zones with extension of existing 18 zones.
- New laws and regulations enacted to make the country investors friendly.
Strong Track Record
PIC can draw upon and expand the existing strong ties with multinational and domestic corporations to develop a much enhanced manufacturing sector.
First of its kind, Ayeyarwaddy Development Pubic Co., Ltd. is developing industrial zone in Pathein with proper planning which will lead to getting back migrant workers home, create job opportunities and develop the region and therefore received full support from the regional government since 2012.
PIC is one of the very few developers who actually own INDUSTRIAL GRANT from the government which can guarantee the ownership of the land for the investors.
Ample Labor Supply with Lowest Labor Cost in the Region
- Competitive price workforce available in Ayeyarwaddy with over 4 million people aged between 15 and 65 years old.
- Ranked 3rd just after Yangon and Mandalay Regions for having adequate working population.
- Potential return of migrants to hometown which could further increase an already large labor supply.
- Labor price is in line with the Minimum Wage Law which is US$3.5 per day but still competitive compared to zones in Thailand and Vietnam.
PATHEIN HAS A HUGE COMPETITIVE PRICED WORKFORCE AVAIALBLE TO MEET INVESTOR REQUIREMENTS
Vocational training center for labor
Skilled Labor Shortage is one the near-term challenges for more sophisticated manufacturers.
Due to lack of vocational schools, factories in Pathein have to invest in training for new recruits for a few months before started.
PIC PROVIDES SOLUTIONS FOR THIS!
With the completion of vocational center, PIC will be able to support our investors with skillful labor in near future.
Current Resources for Training in the region includes:
- 3 Universities
- 3 College
- 5 Training Institutions
- 3 Technical Training
The ground breaking ceremony of PIC’s vocational training center is already launched with our partner Phinma Training Center (PTC) from Philippines.
Phinma Training Center (PTC) – Competency Based Skills Focused
Retail Sales Representatives
Undeniably Strategic Location
SITUATED : AT THE HEART OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- Strategic Geographic Location along one of the World’s main trading routes
ACCESS TO CONSUMERS
- Complemented by World-Class ports, High Quality Logistics services and preferential trade agreements allowing investors to access efficiently and competitively, access regional and global markets in Asia
FROM NEARBY CITIES, THE CITY IS ACCESSIBLE BY
- Tracking, Barging, Railway, Airway, Waterway
CLOSET INDUSTRIAL ZONE nearby is Pathein Industrial Park which is mostly occupied with factories from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea.
Pathein – Yangon : 4 hours
Pathein – Nay Pyi Taw : 8 hours
Pathein – Monywa : 13 hours
Pathein – Mandalay : 12 hours
Pathein – Hinthada : 5 hours (Approx)
Pathein – Magway : 9 hours (Approx)
Pathein – Mandalay : 25 hours (Approx)
Pathein – Myitkyina : 41 hours (Approx)
BY MOTOR VESSEL
Pathein – Yangon (276.8 km) : 20 hours (Approx)
The PIC site has direct access to the sea and the distance is less than 100 km.
The very first port of myanmar by brtish colonials, pathein port which is within and hour driving range from PIC is the most important port outside yangon.
- Sailing schedule (sailing speed = 11 knots, 20km/hr).
- Requirement to use tidal window (Tidal Port).
- From Outer Bar to Inner Bar: 80 km
- From Inner Bar to Port: 30 km
- Current Pathein Port Capacity (Up to LOA 100m
vessels/ DWT 3,000)
- Distance from Pathein Industrial City: 102 km
- Current implementing PIC Port Capacity (Up to LOA 100m vessels/DWT 5,000)
Future Development Plan
PIC Port River Improvement Plan = DWT 12,000 – DWT 15,000
- The region also has deep sea port development plans in Nga Yoke Kaung area which is located south west of the Pathein City and 102 km from PIC.
- Once this deep sea port is finished, Pathein will be easily accessible to international vessels.
Easy access to domestic market
- Ayeyarwaddy has a large and growing domestic market of 6 million people of whom 61.9% are of working age.
- With the rising standards of living, the purchasing power of domestic market will drive growth in many sectors.
Moreover, THE ROAD CONNECTIONS TO PATHEIN ARE THE SHORTEST IN COMPARISON TO YANGON PORT FOR EXPORTS AND IMPORTS FROM HINTERLANDS
- The city connects with another major commercial hub for trade and commerce, Monywa.
One Stop Services
Services designed to minimize delays and a true one stop shop for investors
- To deal with skilled labor shortage in the region, PIC will open a vocational training center, “Phinma Training Center (PTC)” with our partner from Philippines to provide skills training for young and enthusiastic people in Ayeyarwaddy Region
- PTC will provide Competency Based Skills Focused trainings
Infrastructure And Utilities
High quality infrastructure and linkages
State-of-the-art infrastructure services such as power, water, wastewater treatment, telecommunication and transport linkages will be provided to investors